Users are expected to comply with the laws of Trinidad and Tobago, in particular, laws relating to Copyright and Intellectual Property and observe international ethical standards governing the use of the Internet and the Web. SATD provides this service to you subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. In addition, when using particular SATD owned or operated services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted from time to time.
Member Account, Password and Security
Users will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Site’s registration process. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under their password or account. Users agree to (a) immediately notify SATD of any unauthorized use of password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) exit from their account at the end of each session. SATD and Ministry of Public Administration is not liable for any loss or damage arising from a User’s failure to comply with (a) and (b) herein.
Member Conduct for Message Board and Chat Room
All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated.Users (not SATD) are entirely responsible for all Content which they upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site. SATD does not control the Content posted via the Siteand, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. In using the Site, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will SATD be liable for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Site.
Users shall not:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a government official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through theSite;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local or international law, and any regulations having the force of law;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
The technical processing and transmission of the Site, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
The Service and software embodied within the Site may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by SATD and/or content providers who provide content to the Site. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Site. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Site, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
Special Admonitions for International Use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical or other data exported fromTrinidad and Tobago or the country in which you reside.
You agree to indemnify and hold SATD and Ministry of Public Administration and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Site, your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
Modifications to Service
SATD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. SATD is not liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
SATD may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your SATD account and access to the Site. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the TOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Site (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (f) extended periods of inactivity, (g) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities. Termination of your SATD account includes (a) removal of access to all offerings within the Site, including but not limited to Chat and Message Boards, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring of further use of the Site. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in SATD’s sole discretion and that SATD shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to the Site.