All applications are to be completed and submitted online using the Scholarships and Advanced Training Information System (SATIS).
Once you have completed the form and submitted, you will receive an automatic email acknowledging your submission which will give you access to a SATIS profile where you can upload your supporting documentation.
What Documents Do You Need To Provide Via SATIS?
Generally, applications for all scholarships offered by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago must be supported by:
- Academic Certificates, Degrees of Diplomas
- Statement of Recognition from The Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT), except for those programmes listed as accredited by the ACTT
- Proof of application to/acceptance from an academic institution
- Electronic Birth Certificate (with affidavit where necessary)
- Proof of Change of Name (where necessary)
- Bio-data page from valid Trinidad and Tobago Passport.
- National Identification Card or Driver’s Permit
- Persons born outside of Trinidad and Tobago must provide evidence of citizenship and residency
- Medical certificate from a certified medical practitioner
- Public Officers applying for a scholarship must submit a letter from their Permanent Secretary/Head of Department indicating that they are not the subject of any disciplinary matters, and that they will be released in the event that they are awarded the scholarship.
- Two (2) recommendations, one (1) of which must be an academic recommendation submitted by the recommender on behalf of the applicant.
- Any further documentation which support your application for a scholarship in your chosen course of study.
What is the Scholarship Process?
After you have applied via SATIS your application will be reviewed and you will be notified of the result of your application.
Candidates, who are eligible for awards, may be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process.
Candidates are selected by a Scholarships Selection Committee appointed by the Cabinet of Trinidad and Tobago.
The Committee comprises representatives from the Public Service, Private Sector Organizations and the University of the West Indies.
In cases where specialized knowledge of an area of study is required, the Committee co-opts the services of experts in the field. Cabinet agrees to the award of scholarships on the recommendation of the Scholarships Selection Committee.